Thursday 9 December 2010

My Double Page Spread

This is my double page feature article, about two upcoming artists in the specified genre, which is drum 'n' bass. In this article, I have tried to keep the grey, black and red colour scheme going from the front page; and I feel this was done to good effect. It makes the magazine seem more professional and the layout is better organised and clear. I have used close ups of the artists as it makes the article more personal and direct to the readers, they could feel like they have a connection with the artists, I manipulated the photos by cropping them to put the faces of the artists in the middle of the frame. However, I also put in a long shot of the artists working in their flat to vary the photoshoot.

The title is 'new kids on the block' to relate to the less-privelaged people who read the magazine, as they may also live on an estate or a 'block', so they have something to relate to with the new artists. I have used a red font for the key quotes which are scattered across the page to make them eye-catching; I done this so that the readers could gain an insight into the article quickly by looking across the page, and I was hoping that these key quotes would entice them into reading it. I also included links to the website so that readers would go onto it, leading to an increased interest to the magazine as a whole. The masthead at the top of the pages was included for the same reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment