Thursday 16 December 2010

What Have I Learnt Since Creating My Preliminary Magazine

I feel my current front cover is a lot better than that of my preliminary magazine.
Preliminary Front Cover

My preliminary magazine front cover was quite plain, as you can see above, it has only a few subheadings and they do not really take up much of the page; which I feel would improve it greatly. I thought that this was the main difference; but there were also smaller differences such as the font for my sub-headings (which was more interesting and eye-catching on my final product) and the colour scheme. There is no real colour scheme above; but there is a clear masculine colour scheme of dark, yet bold colours like grey, black and red on the final piece; as seen below. 

Final Piece: Front Cover.
I got the font for both the masthead and the heading 'George 'n' Ed' from www.dafont.com and I thought this was useful as it caught the eye of the target audience. I also thought that the masthead was more bold, eye-catching and interesting for the audience as it related to the genre of the magazine, which is Drum 'n' Bass.

No comments:

Post a Comment